The property industry in Pattaya is quite sophisticated and developed. Pattaya’s local media are a good source for property listings, and sometimes have good general articles on subjects such as how to purchase property.
- Houses near or within the city centre provide you with modern entertainment and commercial opportunities. The drawback is the high cost of property within the city limits. On the other hand, if you want somewhere peaceful and quiet, spots outside the city are perfect and cost much less.
- The average price of grade-A high-rise condominium developments at Pattaya with prime beachfront locations is now between 85,000 and 110,000 baht per square metre.
- Sales agents and Pattaya property companies are nearly as easy to spot as 7-11s.
- The critical consideration before purchasing a condo is who owns the building and how it will be maintained.
- The popular units in beachfront condos in Pattaya are usually priced at over 100,000 baht per square metre for property in Pattaya.
- A good agent is essential when you buy a property in Pattaya. Always be careful in analyzing your particular investment requirements.
- It is wise to appoint a lawyer who is fluent in your language so that you understand properly all the legalities and proceedings. Most lawyers in Pattaya speak English but check to be sure.
- Pattay property has been very bouyant since the middle 2000s and continues to have a robust outlook, its probably the safest property investment bet in Thailand.
- As is always the case with rampant property development in a foreign country, there are lots of scammers ready to take advantage of those without local experience.